Joggers bounce up and down at stoplights-Runners just stand there looking pissed.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Halfway there...yet still SO far away!!!

This was my list I started back months ago…

10/16/11- EASY Race for the Cure 5K-CHECK!

11/13/11-Riverside ½ Marathon-CHECK!
2/5/12-Huntington Beach ½ Marathon-(1st part of the Beach Cities Challenge)-CHECK!!!


 
May 2012- OC ½ Marathon-(2nd part BCC)
Oct 2012-Long Beach ½ Marathon-(3rd and final part of BCC)


I now have 2 more half marathons to go this year to get that gorgeous Beach Cities Challenge Medal! I saw it, touched it, and longed for it. In 242 days I will HAVE it.

I’ve added a few more “fun” runs into the list for this year…crazy I know.

March 31st=My 1st Mud Run (which I am ecstatic about!) and…

April 22nd=A “Color Run” (which I have never heard of but my BFF told me about it and it looks like such a fun time)

I think Disneyland ½ is out this year because it’s ridiculous expensive and this year I might want to spend Labor Day not writhing in pain and torture.

Huntington Beach half marathon could be compared to burning in Hell. I was in direct sunlight the entire run and thought I might pass out of heatstroke. I felt like the devil was inside trying to get out because of how hot I was. I got burned, felt a little dizzy, and kept cramping in my right calf. But I got the surfboard medal and that was my end goal. The highlight of the Surf City run was my “Suck it” sign from Teresa,

a lady trying to force me to take Vaseline from her(for what I don’t know-I thought Vaseline was used for OTHER purposes), and running with Denise and Alma the entire run in my new shoes(thanks Mom). The lowlights of the run were THE SUN, the 12 miles of straight flat land that stretched out to what seemed like eternity, and the fact that they ran out of water at mile 9-13. Can we say death march?

No toenails falling off on this girl this time!!!



Heather!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment