Joggers bounce up and down at stoplights-Runners just stand there looking pissed.

Friday, July 1, 2011

63 days till Disneyland Half Marathon...

So I went to the library this week and found this book.  ^^^^^^^^^^^Right up there.

When I start reading it the first sentence of the first chapter says this..."If you ask most nonrunners what they think of running a marathon, most of them will tell you it looks like a painful, difficult, next-to-impossible feat best left to superhumans."

First off I starting laughing out loud because the sentence used the word NON-RUNNERS. Until then I thought WE had invented that word. Apparently I was wrong. The second reason I was laughing is because it's probably the truest statement ever made. And its also a perfect way to start off a running book. I think most non-runners AND also REAL runners would say that statement is true to life. I dont care how many marathons a person has run, if they say it's fun and enjoyable they are LYING.  Running sucks. I hate it. But still I feel the need to check out a book from the library about training for a marathon...I don't get it. It's like a sick obsession.

This book also said that less than 1 of every 1000 Americans is said to have completed a full marathon. 1 in 1000! That's HUGE. I give our non-runners runners group a pat on the back...because we are those 1 in 1000 people who can say we've done it.

Disneyland marathon is coming up. I have a feeling that marathon day is going to come and we are just going to show up and start running because no one can seem to get motivated to train. And we will all cross the finish lines either injured and falling down or panting and crying with blisters and blood coming out of odd places. That will make for a nice "AFTER MARATHON" picture with Mickey and Minnie. I already feel bad for Mickey. He's gonna have to throw my shoe across the finish line to make sure I qualify. And then Goofy might have to carry me to get my medal. But hell, I'll be able to keep that 1 in 1000 statistic valid :-)

More fun facts from my book to follow...

NON-RUNNERS UNITE!

Heather :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment