Joggers bounce up and down at stoplights-Runners just stand there looking pissed.

Monday, April 18, 2011

Brand New Me!

It's been a while since my last blog. I'm not sure what is going on with me....I think I misplaced my mojo. If you've seen it, I need it back desperately.


Long run....


I did a 10 mile "long" run this Saturday. It was supposed to be 12, but oh well, it is what it is. (I hate that phrase) The run was not a bad one and not a good one. The only interesting thing was, maybe, our conversation about shaving vs waxing vs lasering our underarm and koochie hair.


Here's a thought...


I wore my "Running Sucks" t-shirt and a coworker made a comment that was completely offensive to a non-runner. He said, "studies show that if you love and/or enjoy running, it is easier and there are less injuries". My initial reaction was to tell him to STFU. Funnily enough, that stupid comment stayed with me all weekend. Just so you know, I'm not a complete idiot and I do know that what he is saying is true. Obviously it's much easier to do something you love than to do something that you consider work. Again, I'm not an idiot. As a result, I've decided to work on my attitude like I'm training for a mental marathon. <<<<------- that just popped into my head, mental marathon, retarded....or maybe I'm onto something.


A new leaf...


The OC Half is in 13 days!!! I need a new attitude because the one I have makes my legs really hurt when I run.


Hugs and Kisses...


Dena

2 comments:

  1. My husband runs marathons. I never have but I am a damn good cheerleader (and so are my kids!) Hope you have some cheerleaders rooting for you at your 1/2! Have fun!

    Now following you from the Welcome Wednesday blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go mojo!!!!! You can find it- keep running and you'll probably fall over it one day!

    I enjoyed reading your posts and am a new follower.

    Please drop over to our family friendly blog when you have a minute.

    http://beourbest.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete