Joggers bounce up and down at stoplights-Runners just stand there looking pissed.

Saturday, April 16, 2011

That old Familiar Feeling...

I’m not going to lie…I have been slacking off on my Saturday runs with the girls. The last long run I did was only 6 miles and it was over 3 weeks ago.  It’s partly because I know that I have plenty of time until I have to do a half marathon because I’m not running with them in 14 days. So I have time.
Well, my brilliant self decided I was going to run 12 miles after work on Thursday. I wanted to kill some time and miss traffic on the drive home and this was the only way I could think of to do that. I do realize that most people would go have dinner, maybe a couple of drinks…not me. I’ll go run 12 miles. Dumb I know. However, I figured I would be taking care of the Saturday run early and wouldn’t have to get up before dawn on the weekend to handle business.
I figured it couldn’t be that hard…right? Wrong. I ended up only doing 10(which I still think is not bad for a day after work). But still. It’s not what I set out to do. And I hate not being able to finish a run. On top of that, I ran in circles. 5 times around the streets of my job. People in their offices must have thought I was a crazy person that was lost on the same street for 3 hours. By the end of it my feet had blisters all over and the back of my knee actually hurt. I could feel the tops of my toenails getting sore and I am really getting frustrated with this whole not finding the right shoe situation. How can my brand new shoes give me WORSE blisters than the other shoes that were too big for me? They need to make cloth shoes. With soft puffy clouds on the insides to cushion your beautifully pedicured feet while you delicately bounce across the finish line.
Because that’s what I envision my running as looking like. I’m a beautiful skinny brunette with soft pretty bouncing hair, no sweat or redface, no panting for air, and I glide effortlessly everywhere I run. It looks like I’m bouncing and floating in the clouds. Yes I floated 10 miles around work. Anyway, I finished. Now I need another pair of new shoes and to get with my girls for moral support. I did feel the achy legs and sore muscles a bit again. That old familiar runner feeling that I have missed oh so much. Why oh why can’t running be a little easier. I’m such a fatty.
Until the next running escapade,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment