Joggers bounce up and down at stoplights-Runners just stand there looking pissed.

Thursday, July 12, 2012

30 Day Challenge


So in order to really start testing myself and pushing towards this “healthier” life change, I started a “30 day challenge”. This challenge is running at least 1.5 miles for 30 days consistently. Saturdays will still include my “long runs” (this weekend=6 miles). Regardless the goal is to run every day for 30 days. So far I’ve done 10 days in a row.
I’ve also discovered a food calorie counting app on my phone which is sort of helpful. It’s called “Lose It” and all you do is fill in your current weight, your goal weight, and the timeframe that you want to reach that goal weight. It calculates the rest for you. It tells me exactly how many calories I can intake that day to reach my goal and I log in everything I eat every day along with the exercises that I do. It’s really a neat app. So last week I tried very hard to follow my running and the food app and I actually lost 3 lbs. I’m sure it’s a fluke thing and when I weigh in next week I won’t be down that much weight  again but still…3 pounds is 3 pounds. In all honesty I really don’t care what my actual weight is as long as I don’t feel like a big fat lardo. All I want is to fit in my pants without my huge muffin top hanging out. Now I feel like eating a muffin. Yum.

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment