Joggers bounce up and down at stoplights-Runners just stand there looking pissed.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

"Aha" Moment

I had an epiphany today....I realized that i'm like that kid that feels sick all day at school (headache, fever, stomach ache, completely miserable, etc....)  and as soon as I get picked up or school ends, I magically feel better. It's like that with running....I dread my run, feel sick and sore during my run, and when i know I have about 100 yards left, I feel energized and can sprint to the finish. Someone tried to tell me it was my endorphins kicking in. But that can't be true because it doesn't matter if it's 2 miles, 5 miles, or 8 miles....it's all the same.
I'll bet the "i love to run" runners don't feel like that. I wanna smack people that say to me, "running is such a great stress reliever". Uh no, running causes stress!
Dena


No comments:

Post a Comment