Joggers bounce up and down at stoplights-Runners just stand there looking pissed.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Martha

Today, I’m dedicating my blog post to Martha. I miss Martha. I love all my runner girls but Martha always brought some hilarity to our runs and I miss her. Maybe that’s the difference in our training so far. We’re missing one of our puzzle pieces.

 It has been relayed to us that Martha’s surgery yesterday went well. For the readers that don’t know, she underwent a double mastectomy which I imagine is ten times worse than any marathon itself. All our thoughts are with her and she is definitely a defining part of this blog whether she knows it or not. I know she will be up and running with us again hopefully sooner rather than later. And this time, she will be running with a new set of beautiful, gigantic boobs. Can we say new sports bra? Good luck with that one Martha…I hate running with my huge chest. And you ASKED them for huge ones. I will never understand. Never.

Martha, you are the most dedicated runner I know. You even wore someone ELSE’s bib in the Cheesbro half marathon just so you could torture yourself in the hills of L.A. to get that damn medal! I miss running at your pace on the Green River trail. I miss chatting and laughing with you while the bikers yell at us to get out of the way. I miss “Is it moving? Is it moving?” Hurry up and get well so you can join us again. I miss you!

Heather

3 comments:

  1. You're right....she is the missing piece. I miss our Martha, never a complaint, never a negative word. I think I'm gonna dedicate 05/01 OC half marathon to her.

    I said dedicate....no she can't have my medal.

    Love you Martha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss her and I know she will be as good as new when she comes back!!

    ReplyDelete