Joggers bounce up and down at stoplights-Runners just stand there looking pissed.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Where is my OCD Mojo?

I usually am not much for routine or superstituous or OCD symptons or anything like that . . until I realized that maybe I am when it comes to this running thing. I went out on Saturday morning to do my jog and as usual I just wasn't feeling it (it took me about 40 minutes just to decide to get out of the car)  but I did it, I finally got going.  As I was by my lonesome self I all I kept thinking was this has to be better, this has to get easier, this can not be that hard (even though it really is) and why can't I seem to get into the groove.  I kept asking why am I being more negative then usual about this, I mean I felt like crap, my shirt was wrinkled, my socks didn't match, my underwear kept crawling up my ass, I can't breath and then it hit me.  I lost my OCD Mojo, I need to get it back. 
I am not an OCD person but last year when we would do our running I had a routine on Friday afternoon and Friday night and I think I need to get back into that routne.  I mean really, I went running this weekend with socks that didn't match and my shirt was so wrinkled - that is not me.  Normally I get everything ready, down to the fact that my shorts and shirt were clean and ready to put on (not looking aruond at 6;30 in the morning for a clean shirt and socks), I would I put my right sock in my right shoe, my left sock in my left shoe - yes that was how OCD I was.  I need to get my routine back and yes I will still hate running but maybe it will give me a better overall outlook of the situation.
Denise

1 comment:

  1. 2 things: (1) i'm sorry I bailed on Saturday and (2) i'm sorry your underwear kept crawling up your ass. :)

    ReplyDelete